A DIY Home Improvement Guide for the Not So Handyman
Written by: Bill Herren
Your home is one of your most prized possessions and also one of the most expensive. The amount of time that people stay in your existing home varies from just a few years to a lifetime. Some people look to sell their home at a profit and move to a bigger, more expensive one. Others will buy a house and stay there for many years.
Whether you are planning on trading your space to a bigger one or having your home continue to meet your needs, one of the best ways to do that is by improving your home. Home improvements can range from something relatively simple like a new color for the interior walls to something more extensive such as an addition to the house. Regardless of the degree of improvements, they all have one thing in common – they take money!
However, the amount of money that you spend on your home improvement project does not have to cost you a small fortune. There are many smaller projects that most people can do.. Most of the projects can be done with a minimal amount of expertise. As long as you know the difference between a hammer and a screwdriver, you should be able to do many projects on your own.
If you are a homeowner, with minimal abilities as a handy person, we can help! We have put together the following information and resources to provide guidance in a number of areas pertaining to your home. We hope this information helps you to do simple home improvement projects around your house.
- Flooring videos – Whether it’s putting in laminate, concrete, hardwood, or tile floors, here are some excellent step-by-step videos to get started.
- Bamboo Flooring – Lots of information on the newest popular type of flooring and bamboo.
- Easy Flooring Upgrades – Information on eight easy to accomplish updates to your flooring.
- Drywall for Additions – This helpful page lists information about drywall installation.
- How to Drywall – Great tips from the pros on how to put up drywall.
- Drywall Made Easy – Article which outlines the process to put up drywall from start to finish.
- Ceiling Decorating Tips – This page provides information on ceiling decorating at your home.
- Painting a Ceiling – Helpful tips on how to paint a ceiling along with different types of ceilings.
Putting in Counters
- Pre-formed Kitchen Counters – Instructions on how to install pre-formed laminate kitchen counters
- Installing Counter Tops – Information for homeowners on how to install kitchen counter tops on your own.
- Basics of Counter Tops – This page provides some basic information about counter tops for the do it yourself homeowner.
- Repairing a Cabinet Door – Basic information on how to fix a broken cabinet door.
- Refreshing Cabinets – If you have a broken cabinet or they’re old and worn out, consider refreshing or refinishing them instead of replacing them.
- Home Security Tips – This informative web page helps explain door and home security.
- Minimum Residential Security Recommendations – Useful page that describes different types of doors and locks for the home.
- Great DIY Door Ideas – Helpful information on this page with several do it yourself door projects.
- Color Tips – Lots of great insight on choosing paint colors for the interior of our home.
- Steps to Painting a Room – This web page outlines the steps to take in painting a room.
Building/Repairing Decks & Porches
- Porch Floor Repair – Common questions and answers for repairing a porch floor.
- Deck Repair Tips – Basic repair tips and ideas for your home’s deck.
- Do It Yourself Resources – Resourceful page with a large collection links regarding home improvement.
- DIY Home Improvement – This page covers many easy to complete projects for homeowners.
- Home Improvement Reference Center – Information and tips on various home improvement ideas around the house.
- Home Improvement Ideas – This web page contains several DIY improvement ideas for around the house.
- DIY Home Improvement Resources – informative web page with resources on several easy home improvement projects
- Home Improvement Information – In this page you will find do it yourself home improvement information on a variety of topics. .
|Wood Windows and Doors||Additional Window Options||Home Services|