The Basics of Renewable Energy
You have probably heard the term – renewable energy – quite a bit lately in the news. Renewable energy can be defined as a source of energy or power that can be renewed from natural sources. There are many different types of renewable energy sources that are currently being used. They include energy from the sun, wind, water and the Earth.
Over the course of time existing sources of energy have been depleted through constant usage. In the past, people have relied on oil, wood, coal and other sources that have been taken from the Earth. Once they are used, these sources of energy can not be replaced and are gone forever. However, through the use of renewable energy, we can be less reliant on natural sources of energy, and use renewable energy more often. While renewable energy will not completely replace natural sources, it can help us be less reliant and help preserve our natural resources for energy..
We hope that the following information will be helpful in understanding renewable energy and how it can benefit the environment. Please feel free to visit this page often.
- Renewable Energy Defined – A helpful definition of what is considered renewable energy and how it is used.
- Green Power Defined – Informative page from the Environmental Protection Agency which provides a definition of natural sources of energy.
- Renewable Energy – This article provides an overview of information surrounding renewable energy.
- Renewable Energy Information – Government website which is a source of information on renewable energy.
- Department of Energy – Informative page from the Department of Energy which summarizes renewable energy.
- Renewable Energy for Kids – Helpful web page with information for kids to learn about the need to use renewable energy.
- Energy Sources – In this article you will learn about the different types of renewable energy sources that exist.
- Sources of Renewable Energy – Article with information on different types of renewable energy that are currently being used.
- Pros and Cons – Listing of advantage and disadvantages of using renewable energy as a power source.
- Top Ten Pros and Cons – Article giving the advantages and disadvantages of each type of renewable energy.
- Solar Energy Information – Helpful website with information on solar energy and how it is used.
- Solar Energy – Collection of information and articles on solar power from the New York Times.
- Solar Energy Center – Useful web site which is a source of helpful information pertaining to solar power.
- Solar Energy for Kids – Educational page with information aimed at kids answers a number of questions about solar power.
- Wind Power Information – Useful page from National Geographic which lists an overview of wind power and energy.
- Wind Energy – Helpful article which shows how wind is converted to energy.
- Wind Power – This article gives readers an idea on how wind can be used as a source of power.
- Wind Energy Facts – Informative article from the American Wind Energy Association with facts and information on using wind as a renewable source of energy.
- How Geothermal Energy Works? – Page which provides information on how geothermal energy works.
- Geothermal Energy Facts – Useful information on geothermal energy and how it can be used as a power source.
- Geothermal Energy – Web site which is a portal of information on using geothermal sources of energy.
- Biomass Energy Basic – Information on the use of biomass energy as a source of power.
- Biomass Energy – This page provides information on how biomass energy works and can be used for power.
- Hydropower and Water – Introductory web page with information on hydro power and how it can be used as an energy source.
- Hydropower – Basic information on how water can be used to provide power.
- Hydropower Facts – Useful article from Ohio State University which provides details on using water for power.
|Wood Windows and Doors||Additional Window Options||Home Services|