SHOULD I REPLACE MY WINDOWS IN LOS ANGELES?
The windows in your home provide light and a view of the world outside. Open the windows to let the fresh air in, or close them to keep the elements out. Whether it is staying warm and toasty inside your house on chilly days, or beating the blistering heat of summer with nice cold air conditioning, your windows in Los Angeles play a vital role in keeping the temperatures in your home comfortable–or not. It depends on the condition of the windows.
If your windows are older or damaged and need replacing, you can take advantage of the new technologies and materials used in window construction. With increased durability and cost-effectiveness, and the latest energy-efficient materials will improve your comfort and keep more of your heated or cooled air inside, saving you on your energy bills. Or perhaps you would like a new look and style to enhance curb appeal or fit your design sense.
Whether you need to replace functional windows or want to add style, American Vision Windows is the best window company in Los Angeles for all your window replacement needs.
Types of Window Damage
If your windows require some minor modifications like weatherstripping or hardware replacement, you can get away with simple repairs. But with older windows, damage can go undetected over time and compound the problems associated with the elements, age, and lack of maintenance.
- Warped frames or sashes
- Drafts and leaks
- Mold and rotting wood from excess moisture
- Windows stuck or won’t stay open
- Energy loss and high bills
Window Replacement is Your Best ChoiceIf your windows are damaged or defective, it is likely time to replace them with durable, reliable replacement windows. But there are other reasons to replace your older windows besides damage.
- The newer energy-efficient windows will save you money
- A fresh window style or design will improve the look of your home
- Your HVAC will run optimally without breaking a sweat
Energy EfficiencyThe technology for windows has been improved significantly. New materials for the construction of windows from glass to frame offer a range of affordable, efficient windows. Energy-efficient windows also raise the value of your home, because today’s buyers put a premium on saving energy. When upgrading, there are many options available for replacement windows. For the highest efficiency, it is essential to consider the frames, sashes, glass, and style of the window.
- Vinyl frames and sashes are used on both new construction and renovation alike, bring energy efficiency that is considerably more affordable than wood or metal.
- Double and triple-paned glass in windows is the most effective glazing with less leakage. The space between the glass is filled with argon or other gas that is less conductive than air—providing more insulation.
- Low-E coating Lowers heat transfer through windows and minimizes UV ray absorption.