Close That Window – A Family Guide to Energy Savings
Written by: Bill Herren
One of the tasks that is dreaded by most homeowners is opening the utility and fuel bills during the winter. The thought of paying extra money to keep your home warm and bright can dampen even the brightest spirits. Utility and heat costs can add hundreds or even thousands of dollars to the expenses of homeowners. Because of this expense it is important for consumers to do all they can to reduce these expenses.
There are a number of ways that people can save money on utilities such as electric, water, gas and oil. Saving energy, as well as saving money, is a job that everyone in the family can contribute. From making sure that the doors and windows are closed properly to turning off lights when not in use to turning off water when not needing it, there are many ways that families can save energy and money!
In addition to simple usage modifications, families can also improve the utility usage by utilizing more energy efficient appliances and even look at using renewable energy, such as solar, wind or water power, in the course of the day. Any way to reduce the usage of our usual resources, either through improving usage or renewable energy, will help reduce costs to families, which they can use elsewhere.
To assist families in improving the usage and savings of utilities, we have assembled a useful collection of links and information that can help you in your quest for saving. We hope this helps in reducing your utility bills.
- Your Home’s Energy Usage
- Save Energy at Home
- Reducing Energy Use
- Home Energy Consumption and Efficiency Statistics
- Budget Fixes for Drafty Windows
- Tips on Weatherproofing Doors and Windows
- How to Stop Drafts From Entering Doors and Windows
- Heating and Cooling Efficiency Information
- Heating and Cooling Tips
- Tips on Heating and Cooling Energy Efficiency
- American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy Resources
- Energy Saving Appliance Information
- Appliance and Equipment Energy Standards
- Energy Efficiency Standards
- Alternative Home Energy Information
- Learning About Renewable Energy
- Renewable Energy Sources
- Consumers Energy Website
- Indoor Water Use
- Water Consumption Calculator
- Water Conservation In and Around the Home
- A Consumer’s Guide to Water Conservation
- Home Energy Saving Tips
- Managing Your Energy Use
- Energy and Water Conservation Tips
- Consumer Energy for Kids
- Saving Energy
- Children’s Energy Education
- How Kids Can Save Energy
- Teaching Kids About Saving Energy
Please feel free to share this information with other family members, friends and neighbors to help them reduce energy usage.
|Wood Windows and Doors||Additional Window Options||Home Services|